This is super easy, quick, and incredibly satisfying recipe, and is a complete meal! The nutritional yeast is not strictly necessary but it adds to the cheesiness.
- 1/2 a cup of plain cahsews, soaked for a while if possible (an hour is plenty)
- 1 bunch of fresh basil (around 30 gr) – washed
- 1 small garlic clove
- 4 tbs nutritional yeast (optional)
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 150 gr trimmed string beans
- 200g spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
This one is a cracker! The process may seem a bit laborious but the result is definitely worth it!
- 4 tbsp coconut, or other oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 large baking potatoes or equivalent amount of waxy potatoes, cut into rough 2.5cm cubes
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 yellow onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped or grated ginger
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½-1 tsp dry chilli flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2-4 small green finger chillies, slit along their length
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Fenureek powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
For nicecream! I know, I know, the name is SO cheesy, BUT, this is the stuff of dreams! A completely guilt free, delicious, nutritious dessert that you could even have for breakfast!
- 1 lot Shortcrust Pastry (recipe here)
- 780 g Fresh spinach
- 400 g Firm tofu
- Nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Garlic powder or granules
- Onion salt (optional)
- 1/4 Ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Paprika
- A few cherry tomatoes, optional
Preheat the oven to 190c.
Cook the spinach then drain them very well, squeezing all the water out and chop them quite finely with a knife.
In a large bowl crumble the tofu (well drained if it was in liquid) and add a generous amount of nutritional yeast. Now, this is quite personal, I add about 3/4 of a cup but tasting and adjusting is the best way to go.
Add the lemon juice, half a teaspoon of garlic granules, half a teaspoon of the onion salt, or a good pinch of salt, the nutmeg, the paprika, some pepper to taste and mix very well, ideally with your hands, squeezing the whole thing together.
Taste and adjust to your taste for salt and nutritional yeast then mix in the chopped spinach.
Line a flan dish with the shortcrust pastry and pour the mixture in. Flatten it and if desired garnish with a few cherry tomatoes pushed in the mixture.
Cook for 35-40 minutes.
- 1 1/4 cups Wholemeal flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable shortening or margarine
- 3 tbsp Cold water
In a large bowl stir together the flour and the salt. Add the shortening and the water and mix into a dough. Knead for a couple of minutes.
Make the dough into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill for around 30 minutes.
Roll the dough on a floured surface and use as needed.