- 1 medium sized Butternut Squash – peeled and cubed
- 1 Parsnip – peeled and cubed
- 1 Medium sized Onion – sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves – crushed
- 2 large Carrots – peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 or 6 Sage leaves
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Stock Cubes, vegetable
Toss the squash, carrots, parsnip and sage in 3 tbsp of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in a 200 c oven for 30 minutes or until the veg are soft and browned.
Sauté’ the onion and garlic in 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pot, add the roasted veg, the stock cubes and 1.5 l hot water. Boil for 15-20 minutes and whizz with a hand blender.