This is a new family favourite. Comforting, delicious and vegan.
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cans borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 small shallots or 1 large white onion, chopped
- 300 g short grain brown rice
- Half a glass of white wine
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 tbs sun dried tomato paste (optional)
- Olive Oil
- 3 tsp vegetable stock powder
- Salt and Pepper
Squish the peeled garlic cloves with the side of the knife then chop roughly, finely slice the shallots and cut the tomatoes in half.
Fry the shallots and garlic in the olive oil until soft then add the white wine and reduce until the alcohol has evaporated. Add the rinsed rice and coat, stirring well for a minute or two. Add the beans, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomato paste and stock powder. Season to taste, cover with boiling water and cook, adding water as necessary for around 30 minutes, until the rice is ‘al dente’.